10 Free Ways to Generate Leads
Written by: Trinity Title of Texas
The only way to put food on the table in this business is to generate leads...
And to generate leads you need to prospect. But you’re new, broke, and don’t have a clue where to start. Here are some proven tips from successful Real Estate Agents who were new once too. Remember that devoting just 1 hour a day to lead generation can put you at the top of the stats and keep you there consistently.
Advertise with a sign in the yard for at least a week
• Invite the neighbors over for an exclusive time before the actual open house
• Get contact info on feedback sheets or with a cool Open House Pro app
• Follow up!
Door Knocking - Consistently
• Door knock for at least 1 hour each time out
• Make a commitment to at least 25 doors at a time
• Books appointments for later times
• Typical results are 1 appointments for every 50 doors knocked
Call Your Sphere of Influence
• Send out introduction letter /email first then follow up with call
• List 100 people who would say HI if they saw you at HEB
• Call 5 per day
• Typical results are 1 lead for every 50 calls
Call Your Past Clients
• Easy to call someone you already did business with and ask for the referral
• Follow up with a personal thank you note for taking time to talk to them
• FREE incoming calls – they want information
• FOLLOW UP!
• Put them in your database
Cold Calling: FSBO/Expired Listings
• Do not leave a message if the person isn’t home.
• Follow up if they are interested
• Comment on your clients activities.
• Offer advice
• Ask a lot of stimulating questions
• Keep at it! It doesn’t happen over night
• Mix it up and DO NOT TALK ABOUT REAL ESTATE ALL THE TIME!
• Never brag on yourself. It’s all about THEM not YOU!
• 80% personal and 20% business
• Set up a neighborhood FB page/group exclusively for the neighbors to engage with each other
• Harness the Power of a Picture
• Post ads for target markets: Foreclosures, types of properties, neighborhoods, ethnic groups, etc.
• Post in Spanish to capture target market
• The headline must be short, related to the target audience and attention-grabbing
• Don’t have listings? Ask another agent to market their listing. Or ask a builder permission to marketing their community and homes.
Get Active in Something You Already Love to Do
• Skydiving, Art, Sign Language, Wine tasting, book club, etc.
• People do business with others who have a common interest .
• Attend weekly or monthly networking groups and ASK for the referral
• Refer business to others